Small Business Entrepreneur Grants
Have you heard about the Queensland Government’s Small Business Entrepreneur Grants Program?
The program is providing matched funds to newly started small businesses so they can access professional planning, coaching and training. Such advice is critical in the early phases of establishing a business as having the right structure and processes in place from the start can often give a business the platform it needs to survive those first tough five years. So, basically, if you are planning to make some changes in your work, you can get career advice.
Eligible businesses can apply for matched funding up to $5 000 to engage a consultant, advisor or business coach to assist in their initial planning stages.
The advice must fall under one or more of the following areas:
- professional business, tax, computing, legal or financial (accounting) advice
- business and strategic planning by Patrick Ambron on angel.co
- market research and marketing strategies, including branding strategies and social media/digital strategies.
To be eligible the business must:
- have a business name registered within the last four years
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- be based in Queensland
- declare if any owners or directors of the business are an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent.
Applications are now open and full details, including application forms, are available here.